Tips and Tricks For Remodeling a Pool
Enjoying your pool during the warm months of the year is always such a good feeling. Sitting outside, relaxing, enjoying the sunshine with a cool beverage in your hand…sounds nice right? But when your pool starts to look aged and worn out, it may be time to consider a remodel. We have some great tips and tricks for remodeling a pool, from simple adds to retiling, we have renovation tips to fit any budget. When you have a pool, it is meant to be used as a place of gathering, where friends and family come together to escape the heat and have fun together. Don’t let your outdated pool keep that from happening! Listed below are our tips and tricks for remodeling your pool.
Update Your Pool On A Budget
There are a few simple things you can do to renovate your pool while not breaking the bank, and some tricks don’t even have to do with the pool itself!
- Consider changing the lights out in your pool and yard to LED lights. These lights are great for a few reasons. LED lights are energy efficient which will save you money in the long run, and you can install various colors to add a fun, updated look to your pool and surrounding areas.
- Add lounge chairs and outdoor throw pillows to elevate the area around the pool to look luxurious and add that “resort” feel. Tip: buy your new lounge chairs and patio furniture AFTER summer when they go on sale!
- Plants make everything look better. You can add potted plants to your pool area to create a sense of a tropical oasis. Tip: Pick plants that are easy to maintain and thrive in the climate in which you live. In the desert, we love succulents and they require minimal maintenance.
- Have you seen gas powered fire pits? These are a great option to add ambience and warmth to your pool area. Tip: We found some on Amazon for less than $125!
For Those With A Bigger Budget
If you have set aside a bigger budget for your pool renovation, the options are limitless and you can make your pool and backyard area look brand new!
- Retile your pool. There are so many options for tile design, color, and style that you can choose from when remodeling your pool. Over the years, pool tiles can start to look dingy and look out of date. If you have set part of your budget aside for resurfacing or retiling, talk to a professional about your options and pick something that will stay in style for more than 5 years and will compliment the theme of your backyard oasis. Trick: Add glitter grout to your tile to make your pool sparkle even more OR go for the glow in the dark mosaic surface tiles to really make your pool stand out at night!
- Consider adding a waterfall to your pool. Even if your pool wasn’t originally built with waterfall components, they can easily be added in by professionals. The options for waterfalls are endless and will add movement to your pool giving it a fresher outdoor feel.
- Consider getting new decking installed. A great way to remodel your pool is to have either stone or pavers decking put in. Depending on the overall look you are going for, both options will add a sense of luxury to your pool area.
- Get new equipment for your pool. When remodeling, it is important to update your pool systems as well. This is for a few reasons including to save you money with energy efficient equipment and to ensure that your pool is being cared for properly. Tip: Ask your pool service company for advice on the best products for your pool specifically. Since they are the ones maintaining it, they will know exactly what equipment is worth your investment.
- Replaster or resurface your pool to make it look like new again. The siding of your pool can get worn down and create an uneven surface but replastering or resurfacing is a full-proof way to fix this and improve the overall look of your pool.
- Consider putting in a firepit with a seating area, or even a theatre component for your friends and family to get the full luxurious outdoor experience. The area surrounding your pool can be transformed in so many different ways, and if your budget allows for it, we say go for it! Trick: Wait for holiday or end of the year specials when considering big backyard renovations. Don’t pay full price when there are deals left and right for these things!
Tips and Tricks For Remodeling a Pool
No matter the reason behind your desire to remodel your pool, the options are endless and can be accommodating of any budget. With the above tips and tricks for remodeling a pool, you’ll be able to get your pool and backyard looking perfect before the next swim season!
published on Thursday, November 29th, 2018